Even in today’s digital world, a store’s physical appearance matters — and it does so significantly, according to several recent consumer surveys. One widely quoted survey by market research firm Morpace found that 95% of consumers felt that exterior appearance is important in selecting a store to shop, while more than two-thirds say they have avoided a place of business based on its external appearance. The survey and others like it suggest that businesses across the board should focus on the exterior, including their parking lots and paved areas.
One of the quickest ways to boost your store’s appearance is to undertake a parking lot seal-coating and/or striping project. Keep in mind — your parking lot and its surrounding areas often form a first impression of your business. In many cases, the impression you make may dictate whether a customer will even set foot inside your store. As a result, it is extremely important to have a regular maintenance program in place for the paved areas of your business.
Most effective preventative maintenance programs call for parking lots and other asphalt surface areas to be seal coated every 2-3 years. Regularly scheduled seal coating can prolong the life of you asphalt pavement and save you money by avoiding more expensive asphalt repairs. Here are some other benefits of seal-coating and proper maintenance:
- Creates better traction for customers and their vehicles
- Mitigates damage to your asphalt caused by oil, salt, fuel and other chemicals
- Prevents water damage and major repairs when cracks are filled, asphalt patching and seal-coating is done on a regular basis.
- Helps eliminate unsightly stains by providing a barrier between the asphalt and contaminants left behind by vehicles.
- Sealcoating will make the lines on your parking lot pop. Not only do brightly painted lines look better, they also encourage safe and dent-free parking. We typically paint new lines over old and faded ones as part of the seal coating process.
- Boosts curb appeal and potentially improves property value
Since the care and appearance of your driveways and parking lot areas are critical to your business’s success, choosing the right asphalt contractor is an important decision. Johnson and Sons Paving has built a reputation for dependable and superior service by keeping our customers informed, meeting or beating deadlines and staying on budget. Our comprehensive asphalt maintenance and repair services include seal coating, hot crack filling, line striping, excavation services, asphalt patching and paving.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate and project assessment.