Join Our Team
Johnson and Sons Paving is one of the area’s fast-growing asphalt and concrete paving contractors serving the Milwaukee, Waukesha, Kenosha, Racine and Madison areas. We have an employee-friendly culture where we work hard and have fun doing it. We are proud of our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau and our growing reputation for superior work and exceptional service.
Johnson and Sons Paving is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are currently accepting applications for truck drivers with CDL, heavy equipment operators, and positions on our milling prep, grading, asphalt paving, concrete and seal coat crews. If you are ready for a new challenge, have experience working in the paving industry, or you are willing to learn, click the apply now button below.
Positions Currently Available
Asphalt Roller Operator
Operates the roller by using either rollers or drums to compress/compact dirt, aggregate, or blacktop. The operator may use the vibration component occasionally.
- Safely operates roller to compress/compact dirt, aggregate, or blacktop to achieve the specified grading and smooth surface.
- Reads grade stakes and works with grade checker, laser, or GPS to maintain grade.
- Determines speed and direction of roller based on knowledge of compressible material to achieve a smooth grade and/or surface.
- Works closely with other crew members using hand signals to coordinate work and ensure safety.
- Perf01ms daily inspection and maintenance and ensures that roller is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication. Reports to shop when roller needs maintenance and repair.
- Keeps roller clean and prepares equipment for transport on flatbed when needed.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at job-site.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking to hire an experienced Concrete Finisher who can expertly pour, level, and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including sidewalks, curbs and gutters, stairs, and flatwork. You may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joins, and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To be a successful Concrete Finisher, you must possess the skills necessary for the trade and be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology. you should also be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time, work on your knees, lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
- Setting forms that hold the concrete in place.
- Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pouring, smoothing, and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float, and screed.
This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
- Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Applying sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure the concrete is compacted.
- Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
Skid Loader Operator with Class A CDL
Do you have hand/ foot skid loader skills and experience operating a skid loader and have a Class A CDL? HEY, WE NEED YOU on our concrete team! Business is booming and we are expanding. We’re looking for an experienced MVP to join us. LIKE NOW. Check us out – great pay, great benefits and a company where we all get along, work hard and have fun doing it.
Concrete & Asphalt Paving Teams
If you have a strong work ethic and good problem solving skills,we may have a place for you on our asphalt or concrete teams. Responsibilities include setting up and taking down job sites, set up and pour concrete using floats, trowels, and screeds; shovel, rake and level asphalt, maintain/clean equipment, and occasionally drive a pickup truck. If you’re a hard worker looking to earn money, you’ll appreciate the long hours, paid time and a half for overtime and some work on weekends.
Seal Coat Team
Experience not required, as we’ll train the right person who has a strong work ethic, is dependable and is a team player. You’ll work outside in the elements and help out with seal coating, prep work, cleanup work, directing truck traffic and more. You’ll average 60-70 hours per week. during the season, including some late nights and occasional weekends and get paid time & a half for overtime!