Hiring a reliable and trustworthy contractor for your commercial paving projects can make all the difference in the world. Hire the right one and you’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing your project is in good hands. Hire the wrong one and you may face a litany of problems, ranging from shoddy work, to missed deadlines and even potential lawsuits if accidents occur and the contractor isn’t properly licensed.
Here’s a few tips to help you find the best paving contractor in Southeast Wisconsin for your next commercial project.
- Don’t choose a contractor based on price alone. In fact, be wary of estimates that are significantly lower than other bids. Some companies play the “low-bid, high actual cost game,” while others offer lower prices because they take shortcuts and use inferior quality products that can greatly affect the longevity and look of your pavement. When professionally installed, asphalt paving can last over 20 years. Cutting corners may save you a few bucks in the short term but could cost you thousands of dollars down the road.
- Hire a local company that has a vested interest in the community. Some companies move into an area and work a season with rented equipment, then head out never to be seen again. A paving contractor with local ties tends to be more accessible and more responsive if unforeseen complications arise.
- Look for a company with an established reputation and positive track record by researching the company’s website, reading online reviews, and checking the company’s Better Business Bureau rating. (Johnson and Sons is rated A+ by the BBB.)
- Make sure the contractor is properly licensed and insured. This is critical to ensure your company is not held liable for any injuries while the paving contractor is working on your property.
- Quality materials are essential. All asphalt paving materials are not created equally. Use of a lower grade asphalt diminishes the overall quality and longevity of your driveway or parking lot. Experienced contractors like Johnson and Sons know the specific materials required for your project to maximize durability, appearance, and longevity.
- Equipment matters. Look for a company with a fleet of high-quality equipment that’s regularly maintained. Avoid contractors who say they do asphalt paving by hand, or use older equipment that’s prone to breakdowns and costly delays. A reliable paving contractor will use the most advanced machines to ensure a long-lasting and great-looking asphalt project.
- Get it in writing. Once you’ve selected a contractor for your paving project, make sure you get a comprehensive written contract that spells out exactly what needs to be done, what the cost will be, payment terms and project details such as asphalt thickness, base specs and size of area to be paved.
To see if Johnson & Sons Paving is the right contractor for you job, click here or call us at (262) 251-5585 for a no-obligation estimate and project assessment. Our customers appreciate that we keep our commitments, we are easy to work with and we are responsive to their needs.